Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
A New Study on the Change of the Lower Reaches of Wusong River in Ming Dynasty
In 1404, Xia Yuanji was in charge of flood control in Jiangnan region. At that time, the downstream Wusong River started from Xiajiapu in Kunshan County and ended at more than 130 li in Nanqiang Pukou, Shanghai County. Due to serious siltation, the flood control was given up. In order to divert the Huangpu River into the sea, Fanjiabang was dredged to converge into Wusong River in the Nanqiang Pukou and then flow into the sea through the estuary of Wusong River. According to the current studies, Fanjiabang is located at the Huangpu River's section from estuary of Suzhou Creek to Fuxing Island, and Nanqiang Pukou is located at Fuxing Island (the place where Qiujiang and Huangpu River meet) After investigation, this study argues that Fanjiabang should be located at Huangpu River's section from north of Songjiang River to the estuary of Suzhou Creek, and Nanqiang Pukou should be located at the estuary of Suzhou Creek (place where Suzhou Creek and Huangpu River meet, also called the estuary Songjiaqiao in Ming Dynasty). The river which the silted downstream Wusong River flows through during Yongle Period was watercourse of Suzhou Creek not Qiujiang River; thus, since 1440, the watercourse had been dredged 7 times and was finally opened by Hairui in 1570.
|Appears in Collections:||第32期|
Show full item record
TAIR Related Article
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.